25 December 2008

Star Trek takes one step closer to religion

So for you "normal" people who don't follow Star Trek happenings, there is a new movie featuring the shenanigans of the crew in their noob days, which is potentially coming out this upcoming spring. Whilst perusing a fan site, this photo showed up. Yes, some dude kit bashed his pez dispenser collection to make a menora, complete with tag line "to boldly go where no Jew has gone before!"

If I weren't smiling with glee at the silliness of it all, I would be more concerned about the unsettling meshing of Star Trek with religion. Eep!

1 comment:

  1. I may be slightly misremembering this, but I think the Friends episode where Rachel dressed as Princess Leia for Ross first aired on the same night as the Seinfeld where we discovered that Jerry, Kramer, and George got all their philosophy from Star Trek. And even though the Friends cast were purportedly in my age demographic and the Seinfeld cast was older than me... yeah, I realized I was on the Seinfeld side of things.

    ReplyDelete