20 August 2013

When being a plus is really a minus, part two.

Somewhat surprisingly, I received an immediate response from Target. It was signed by a specific person and seems to be a unique letter, so maybe I can actually help make a tiny change in the right direction for other plumpies, like me.  Come on, Target! <waves pompoms> 


As an aside, my Dad told me yesterday that I needed to lose my "flab" for health reasons. None of my medical conditions are weight related, but he is still right. However, the fact that what he said was true didn't make it hurt any less. Why does being told that I am fat carry such tremendous emotional weight?


Target's letter follows.


****


Dear <Pocketlesspants>,

 

I'm sorry to hear you're disappointed with the current availability of plus-size clothing at your local Target store.

 

Your comments are important because they help us learn more about what you're looking for at Target. We've partnered with many different designers so we can bring you the latest styles. To help us serve you better in this area, I've shared your comments with our buyers for further review with our design teams.

 

We appreciate the time you've taken to share your thoughts and feelings with us.

 

Sincerely

<Specific Polite Person>

Target Guest Relations

No comments:

Post a Comment