13 November 2009

UVA Hospital: Day Four

Today I am TIRED!! I slept from about 6-8am, woke up for breakfast, and had just settled under the covers when the nurse comes in and says, "Sorry honey, the doctor ordered sleep deprivation." I had to stay up the entire day, and have a rough night ahead of me. I feel spacey, and when I close my eyes the world spins. I've downloaded Zombie Pizza for my iPhone and hope it helps get me through the night.

I'm a bit frustrated that my brain isn't "cooperating." Stagefright, not cool!

Worst part of today. My roommate is on her side of the curtain making big sighs. She turns out her light early and about half an hour later gets up and stomps around. I hear the sound of paper and scribbling, then a PHOOMP back into bed. At 11pm, a technician comes in to check our vitals. We chat about my iPhone lifeline and the show on tv. Nice guy! Then he moves over to my roommate. I hear normal
blood pressure machine sounds and then it gets quiet. Really quiet. Technician walks away, then comes back and says, "Is it ok for you to turn out your light? Your roommate might punch me if you don't."

Before I summarize the conclusion I think you will all share, let me note that I am sooooo quiet in here. I'm afraid and nervous and this amplifies my introversion. My roommate likes her tv loud, and is not shy about sleeping with both her tv and light on. Not to mention the incredibly loud bodily noises she emits.

So, really, did she demand that the technician have ME turn MY light off because I'm disturbing her sleep? REALLY? And was she such a child that she did it by passing a note? Even though I'm the one that has to stay awake all night, I turned off my light. But I did turn up my tv volume and am making no effort to be quiet. Hypocrite!!

Best part of today was getting an adorable photo of kitty sleeping on hubby and looking so amazingly happy. Smiles all around!

1 comment: